Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blocking coolant lines to engine

Post Vintage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Manual
Can I block the coolant lines going to the intake manifold without any problems? I figure this water is like 90degC and wont do too much to the intake manifold as far as heat is concerned, will it? I have a massive VR thermo on there and good cooling system, VR radiator etc so surely it should be ok. Dont see the need for it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
what are you actually trying to do
cool the motor?
if so run a 81o thermostat
factory they 91
dont run it too cool

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Shouldnt be a problem mate as it is only there to warm the intake charge. Having a warmer intake charge helps in cold conditions as it aids fuel vaporisation & combustion. BTW the non crossflow design will heat up the intake charge heaps anyway.

Post Vintage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Manual
That exhaust wrap should help me out a bit there shouldnt it? Ill block the lines off because in my old 202 this is what was done, same as my HJ but that had a holley carby. I think looking at cooling that engine before working on performance should be a priority. Also a 80deg thermostat is the go... since I have the VR radiator and thermo now it should keep temps down. Lots of pressure in those old holden engines.