Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bloody headlight adjustment

muzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
ok im still trying to get my headlights on my vs sedan adjusted good enough for my big night highway drive at 1am on saturday ,the up and down is easy enough [although i have to wind the oppistite way the arrows say ,]but the sideways screw doesent seem to do anything.ive wound it heaps and it didnt seem to change the direction of the headlights, i cant really tell the direction on low so i chuck on the highbeam and u can clearly see the passenger side is more towards the middle of the car [faceing a wall] . is it just me loosin the plot guys or can sum1 relate to what is going on cheers muz

muzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
o and also i noticed my 2 headlights have a different patteren in the glass ,i had to look really carfull to see it but the lines in the front of the lens es are slightly different its a 97 vs v6 sedan series 2 . they must of changed a headlight b4 i got the car and got a slightly different one its the same to look at but like i said just a slightly different patteren of lines thru the glass

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
o and also i noticed my 2 headlights have a different patteren in the glass ,i had to look really carfull to see it but the lines in the front of the lens es are slightly different its a 97 vs v6 sedan series 2 . they must of changed a headlight b4 i got the car and got a slightly different one its the same to look at but like i said just a slightly different patteren of lines thru the glass
I think that they are meant to be different for different spread of light.

vsutespack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Maual 5 Speed Ute
Been there done that champ and it did my head in as well. Best way to do it is find a dark stretch of road, cover one light up with card board or something like that. Adjust the first one then cover it and adjust the next one. All this stuff about lining it up on a wall does not help. Good luck and it takes ages to turn them with the screw and yes opposite directions work.