Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody insurance... Grrrr

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
2 years with CGU - no claims, paying over 1400 for first year, 1200 for second year... No issues with paying etc...

Upgrade from a VR Acclaim to a VY Exec and no! Can't do the insurance, you have 18" mags on it, what the? Everything else is stock!

f***ers....

Oh well, good ole Suncorp is helping me... for over 1600 a year! things we have to do.... Never thought I'd be looking forward to turning 25!!!

Later.

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
CGU $468 per year. VY2 SS, 18 inch J type mags, sunroof, satnav, headers twin 2 1/2 system.
this is the only benefit of being old (34)

Scotty

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i met a guy the other day that owns a lambo gallardo and he said he only pays 2500 for insurance, this is a 600 grand car!!!!, insurance companies need to get priorities straight.

I just want one

Reaction score
Members Ride
WANTED - VP Calais
betcha he cant drive the bloody thing either :hit:

SimonH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V, 6.0 V8
I just found out that aami will only let me have one modification and because my new wheels are wider than stock ones that is considered a mod so now i cant get it lowered...
i have just enquired for a quote through justcarsinsurance and see if they will insure me with a whooping 2 mods! which actually make the car have less of a chance of crashing.. its not like im supercharging it or anything all i want is wheels and lowered an inch or 2
its ridiculous..

any under 25s out there with 2+ mods and comprehensively insured and if so who through? and how much??

Cheers,
Simon

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i'd say he probably could drive it... he only owned a diablo before the gallardo. wouldnt u love to say something like that, "my old car, the lambo diablo..." we say things like, "our old car the vt wagon...". he was a pretty nice bloke though, i'm not baggin him or anything.

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
@ Simon

Called around a few places....

Just Cars let you have any mods you want as long as legal and/or plated.
but have to pay full insurance upfront, only do agreed value (ie: get a good deal on a car and buy for $19K but it's worth $25K, they will only insure for what you paid) Plus their excess are a lot more...

When I called AAMI they seemed pretty good, offering the driving course and stuff like that, cheaper to start with, insure for proper amount, and when asked about $4,000 stereo and 18" wheels they said it was fine... Guess we'll just have to see what thery say when I get the money together for my kit and lowering.... *shrug*

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
I just did a quote for CGU third party fire and theft for a stock 1988 VL sedan.... $804.18 premium, $750 excess for a 18 year old... much cheaper than RACV or AAMI.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Insurance companies are like our government, fark us over for the last cent! Morg did you tell CGU that 18"s are as common these days as white cars?? SS's these days have 18"s standard! Like to know what points CGU base their allowances on. To my knowledge if 18"s are friggin standard on a commodore they are allowed, supposedly 2" in diameter is legal. So in theory we can whack on 21" wheels without a hassle (remember HSV go to 19"s, It's still a dam commodore!). Some companies bleed you for all it's worth. Shop around and I mean shop around, ring every single company you can think off. Justcars and Shannons are not cheap BUT they will cover just about every mod you have. Only try these two if all other companies wont touch you!

peterj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 1 Berlina
I'm with CGU, rang them last week to find out what size wheels they would cover before i rushed out and bought some , was told 18"s were ok....ended up going with 17"s in the end.