Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blower stopped????

cdawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac Supercharged L67
Hey guys, i was driving on the freeway this afternoon with the a/c on full and all of a sudden it cut out for about 3seconds then turned back on, then after that it turned off all together and hasnt work since? The a/c light is on when the fan is turned on but no air is blowing thru the vents??? What could this problem be???

Thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Does the fan work on high speed ? If so,it's probably a stuffed high speed fan resistor. If it doesn't work on high then it may be the fusible link in the engine bay, or the fan switch itself.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
check da fuse

cdawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac Supercharged L67
doesnt work on any speeds, checked fuses all fine, got a test light and there is no power getting to the blower motor underneath the passenger side so im guessing it might be the fan speed resistor pack....??? does anyone know where that is in a vt 99 model acclaim??

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
im pretty sure its under the front windscreen wipers.

cdawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac Supercharged L67
Ok ive changed the fan speed resistor and the actual switch and its neither of them and still no power to the motor. Where are the fuses?? im pretty sure there alright but just to be sure which fuses do i check????

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Ok ive changed the fan speed resistor and the actual switch and its neither of them and still no power to the motor. Where are the fuses?? im pretty sure there alright but just to be sure which fuses do i check????

Check the fusible link marked " blower " in where the fuses and relays are in the engine bay. If everything checks out OK then the actual blower motor might be stuffed.

cdawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac Supercharged L67
Ive checked that fuse and seems to be ok. I might replace just to be sure but i dont understand why there is no power acctually getting to the blower??? i might just hook up some power to the blower to see if thats what it is....

How hard is it to replace the whole blower if thats the case?

vt_lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
Its really easy to replace i just done mine about a month ago. a couple of things first
1. does the compressor still come on, turn the a/c on and listen for the thermo fans then the "click" of the compressor solinoid.
2.If it does i would check the thermal overload inside the motor itself
3.if it does not, under the dash there is a a/c inhibit relay which will turn the a/c off if the head pressure gets too high, have you hosed your condensor lately?:whistling you can swap relays with the one next to it to make sure its not the relay:thumbsup: