Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

blower / turbo

Calais_5sp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
lol...good luck with it

shumway

Son of satan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 6/71 blown and injected 355 V6
listen to them dude depending on which way your going to go and how long you want it to last for a good strong tt ecotec setup id be looking at 20 as your minimum using crap turbos,if you want to go decent your looking at close to 10grand just for turbos if you use decent parts.you dont drive that black merc with the chrome wheels do you,iv seen it at autobarn morayfield a couple of time

leonthalion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII LS1 Wagon
listen to them dude depending on which way your going to go and how long you want it to last for a good strong tt ecotec setup id be looking at 20 as your minimum using crap turbos,if you want to go decent your looking at close to 10grand just for turbos if you use decent parts.you dont drive that black merc with the chrome wheels do you,iv seen it at autobarn morayfield a couple of time

nah, mines an 01 thats a 99, plus mine is silver.

Tadgh

itsjustasix
Reaction score
Members Ride
blown VS executive SII, 5sp
Mate fo that sort of result you will need at least 30g-40g, start with a 10g stroker rebuild and take it from there! I would love to see a 6 with that much power.

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
10g on an ecotec stroker - thats cheap.

doing prices on me alloytec: 16g - everything has to be custom, nothing off the shelf apart from ls1 pistons and throttle body. (price doesnt include s/c kit, fitting, and custom conrods)
- this engine calculated to rev to 10thou

but if your going to spend that much why not just trade in and go ls2?

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
lmao saying 10 grand is cheap for an ecotec stroker

sigh ive got another 2 years to pay mine off :(

leonthalion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII LS1 Wagon
10g on an ecotec stroker - thats cheap.

doing prices on me alloytec: 16g - everything has to be custom, nothing off the shelf apart from ls1 pistons and throttle body. (price doesnt include s/c kit, fitting, and custom conrods)
- this engine calculated to rev to 10thou

but if your going to spend that much why not just trade in and go ls2?

cause that would be to easy and not as much fun. Ill be keeping the v6 badges on, and when some fool in his dadys GTS pulls up with distortion pumping strong through the stock speakers, ill show him, and the rest of the try hards out there just what every true hoon knows.... dont judge a book by its cover :yeah:.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
I'd be taking notes from eddie tassone. Build a stroked engine that is bullet proof. Crank up the boost to maximum and give it a spin. His 383ci TT stroker is still the fastest SC around, don't forget that engine blew up though.

David Wilzig's ITT38L is a 3.8L Ecotec with twin turbo's and he's on his second engine. He's probably spent close to 100,000 and his 9 second passes are at the strip with a 50hp shot of NOS.

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
cause that would be to easy and not as much fun.
*shakes head*
Ill be keeping the v6 badges on, and when some fool in his dadys GTS pulls up with distortion pumping strong through the stock speakers, ill show him, and the rest of the try hards out there just what every true hoon knows.... dont judge a book by its cover :yeah:.
*shakes head and pumps hand*

Sounds like you're doing it all for the wrong reasons, leon.

Calais_5sp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
lol.......