Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blowing fuses

spice_man2069

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
my sister has a vl berlina and i have been trying to fix this problem of her fuses blowing.

i so far have replaced the entire fuse rail in the passenger side engine bay (as the old 1 was melted and warped) everythin seems to be working fine except fuse no 4, which is the dash lights and stuff. now firstly what size fuse is meant to be there, also what are all the components that that fuse controls, as i want to start checking what might be causing the problem.

any other info people might have is appriciated, thanks James

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
My VN kept blowing the dash light fuse when I got it. I bypassed the circuit because the wire insulation was melted! and hooked the dash lights up to the headlight switch. The dimmer doesnt work now but I only have my dash lights on full anyway.
I found the problem this weekend, it was the light in the t-bar shorting on the metal. The wire insulation was melted all the way up to the t-bar. I still dont have lights on the t-bar as I would need to re-run the wiring and cant be bothered as i know what gear im in anyway!

L

Little John

Blown light fuses

HI, Ive had similar probs, and found there to be too many Watts in the lights for the fuse. Simply add a relay for the extra wattage.

spice_man2069

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
hi people thanks for the info i have tried both and the wiring touching the t bar seemed to be the prob, even though there are a few probs with the lights as they arent very bright and when i turn them and highbeam on my amp guage goes down to about 12, which is obviously no good, thats the next prob i will look at.

thnaks James