Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue LED Dash Conversion

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I know this may be a stupid idea, but this is the only way I can think of getting around pink LEDS...

How about buying 3 or 4 flexible pink neon tubes in sucession and loop them around each of the guages....

Obviously it would need more wiring as the cluster wouldn't be able to handle the power load... Just an idea though... I included a picture just to make it a bit clearer

Wats the thinkness of the flexible neons??? and how long r each?? u dont happen 2 have a pic of some of these do ya??

i do exactly wat uve drawn in the pic now in other ppls cars its a flexible LED strip tho and yer it follows the outside (but inside) of the cluster around each speedo, revs reading ect..... if the neons ur talkin bout flex enough it would actually b a good idea i dont think power would b a prob tho

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Wats the thinkness of the flexible neons??? and how long r each?? u dont happen 2 have a pic of some of these do ya??

i do exactly wat uve drawn in the pic now in other ppls cars its a flexible LED strip tho and yer it follows the outside (but inside) of the cluster around each speedo, revs reading ect..... if the neons ur talkin bout flex enough it would actually b a good idea i dont think power would b a prob tho
I just did a quick google, I have seen pink ones before...

They'd be half a cm thick, and you can get them in varying sizes, its usually 20cm+
Daylight_LED_Soft_Neon__2W_Mini_.jpg

http://kolymax.en.alibaba.com/product/50167686/51062924/led_soft_neon/Daylight_LED_Soft_Neon__2W_Mini_.html

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Wrong,wrong,just plain wrong.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
I just did a quick google, I have seen pink ones before...

They'd be half a cm thick, and you can get them in varying sizes, its usually 20cm+
Daylight_LED_Soft_Neon__2W_Mini_.jpg

http://kolymax.en.alibaba.com/product/50167686/51062924/led_soft_neon/Daylight_LED_Soft_Neon__2W_Mini_.html

well they look like they'll fit easy enough i guess its just a matter of try n see wat u think after i mean even if it looks crap wouldnt b hard at all 2 take them out neways n put the LEDs in tho my only concern would b making the other switches ect.... lighting up the same colour pink i mean u wouldnt b able 2 use these but if ur using totally diff colours using LEDs i cant see y not.

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
hey everyone i did the conversion today. pulled out the cluster and soldered the blue led's in place as shown. I plugged the cable back into the cluster and plugged the light switch in and none of it lights up except the parts that i didnt touch...

any ideas??

cheers mitch

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
did u solder them possitive 2 positive............ negative 2 negative???

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
hold on i'll get some pics coz i noticed some1 posted a pic of their cluster of the pos and neg sides and it was diff 2 mine and mine work perfect

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok did u go off this 1st pic?? its the 2 on the left that i found were different the 2nd 2 u can just check with urs n make sure they r correct 2 ne probs just PM

Attachments

• cluster-diagram.jpg
    cluster-diagram.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,170
  • Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 594
  • Image007.jpg
    Image007.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 434