Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue LED Dash Conversion

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Wire cutters help and some kind of de-soldering tool like copper thread or a sucker (just incase). The thread is about $1.50 from memory.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
ok awesome. I own a VS, so i'm not sure if it'll be a little different, but i've never actually taken the instrument cluster out before. the question i have is, does it come out as like a whole unit and do you do all your soldering outside of the vehicle or do you actually have to have your soldering iron in the car with you and do it where it stands attached inside the vehicle? I'm hoping the former, because the latter sounds fiddly :p.

slidways

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
U guys all seem to be working very hard on this soldering leds and resitors onto ur dashs i think i have dun it the easy way by buying blue wedge globes (ebay) and replace stocko green condom covered globes with styleish blue ones 4 10% of the price u guys payed and much les effort its just plug and play

VTWGN97

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive wagon
Go to your local Autopro and quote Narva part number 47902 for blue.
Also have a look at what bulbs you need and how many of each and ask to look at the Narva catalogue page 76 for all the L.E.D dash bulbs save a hell of a lot of time, screww soldering, just replace with these blue L.E.D's.

Hope that helps.
:w00t:

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
slidways said:
U guys all seem to be working very hard on this soldering leds and resitors onto ur dashs i think i have dun it the easy way by buying blue wedge globes (ebay) and replace stocko green condom covered globes with styleish blue ones 4 10% of the price u guys payed and much les effort its just plug and play

This will work with some parts of the dash such as trip display but the others I wouldn't be so sure about.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
deserthead said:
Not completely, I've got a manual.

But from memory playin in a mates car, Once u get the gear selector off.
The base should just unclip, from round the edges. Then it should pull up. . .

Thats all I no. . . . sorry I cant help ya out more.

Month gone n i finally got my auto shift 2 light up perfect it wasnt the LEDs that was the hardest part after findin out how 2 get inside my shifter lol but was the green n white laminted film inside the shifter ended up gettin some clear laminate 1mm thick n covered 1 side with dark blue transparent film and the other side a white film so u can see the P,R,N,1,2,3. had 2 use 4 LEDs ina row 2 spread out the light, also the white spreads the LEDs blue shine evenly n hides seein the actual LEDs through the clear laminate when lite up. luvin it :D also changed the power button 2 red 2 break up the blue coz red goes faster haha

Attachments

• auto shift.jpg
    auto shift.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 509

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
wrx884 said:
Month gone n i finally got my auto shift 2 light up perfect it wasnt the LEDs that was the hardest part after findin out how 2 get inside my shifter lol but was the green n white laminted film inside the shifter ended up gettin some clear laminate 1mm thick n covered 1 side with dark blue transparent film and the other side a white film so u can see the P,R,N,1,2,3. had 2 use 4 LEDs ina row 2 spread out the light, also the white spreads the LEDs blue shine evenly n hides seein the actual LEDs through the clear laminate when lite up. luvin it :D also changed the power button 2 red 2 break up the blue coz red goes faster haha

So mate how do you get in there, I havnt worked it out yet. Sorry if someone else has already explained this.

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
Im Sitting here, pulling apart my dash and its freezing cold in the garage, But anyway, I went to the shops and brought some nail polish remover and it works really really well, I have used some cotten wool and rub it hard to start off with then lighttly so i dont rub off the white coating, I First started with normal polish then i used "sensitive skin" bottle next its more weaker, Its seems to work really well. Once im all done ill take some pics, and if people are intrested ill email them some instructions, Cheers Guys,

[email protected]

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
mate i've very interested in all the info and pics i can get. Make sure to pass em on to me. P.S. how much did the acetone/nail polish remover cost ya and what quantities did you need?