Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue LED Dash Conversion

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Ne1 got pics of the intrument cluster with the T5 bulbs in and ne1 got pics with LEDs just soldered in wanna see wat the diff would b??? im thinkin it would look a lil patchy but mayb not?? gonna tackle mine soon thinkin bout parralellin a series of LEDs instead worked with my auto shift good and ended up puttin extra LEDs in the heater controls and an extra colour thought the light was more spread over then

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Yeah put a few in parallel to spread the light out better.. there's pics of it through this thread somewhere. Give the globe idea the ass though, just use LEDs.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yer gonna parrallel em saw some1 ?daron? i think did his and it look well spread i think just puttin that lil extra effort goes a long way 1nc its done im pretty sure u wont have 2 open it up again neways so y no its not hard lol

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
wrx884 said:
Ne1 got pics of the intrument cluster with the T5 bulbs in and ne1 got pics with LEDs just soldered in wanna see wat the diff would b??? im thinkin it would look a lil patchy but mayb not?? gonna tackle mine soon thinkin bout parralellin a series of LEDs instead worked with my auto shift good and ended up puttin extra LEDs in the heater controls and an extra colour thought the light was more spread over then

I tried those t5 bulbs and I thought they were crap. It was hot spots galore on the speedo part alone.

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
myberlina said:
Sorry WinterVX. Have been out of it for a bit with the doc's lately. I did get some photos but the quality is pretty ****.

I put a 5mm LED in my rear windows switches but if I had to do the same again I would use a 3mm instead. Doing that will give you more room to play with inside the switch.

The resistor itself is inside the assembly lying flat in between the copper tracks, altough, you could add it by cutting into the wire that supplies power to the LED light before it goes into the socket. It's entirely choice.

Just don't cut the LED length too short as a mate of mine who did this, now has the light coming through the sides of the switch. Doesn't look nice like that.

cheers mate :thumbsup:

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
No worries... might have another go with the flash off... thats probably why the pics were crap! :cry:

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Has anyone made their automatic gear stick drive - 1st light up blue?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Miss-E said:
Has anyone made their automatic gear stick drive - 1st light up blue?

yer i have did it a month back looks aws ay

Attachments

• auto shift.jpg
    auto shift.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 595

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
myberlina said:
I tried those t5 bulbs and I thought they were crap. It was hot spots galore on the speedo part alone.

yer i woulda thought so 2 did u file the LED also??? still make ne diff??

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
wrx884 said:
yer i have did it a month back looks aws ay

Was it hard to do?
How do I get to the lights to change them?