Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue LED Dash Conversion

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Miss-E said:
On the globes in the heater control which terminal is positive and which is negative?

Very good question, but it's hard to answer. I soldered them all in, and only one worked. I had to desolder them all and turn them around. Be aware, when you're facing the controls as they are in the dash, the one on the far right is opposite to the others. I suggest you use a multimeter while it's still in the car (hanging out so you have access) and test it. Otherwise you'll probably end up doing what I did. Although you got 50-50 chance.

So to answer you, I forget.

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Thanks for your attempted answer. my problem is that the heater control is not in my car nor will it ever be.
We are working on lights that will change from blue to red to green and also have dials that will make it so you can have red and blue at the same time to make purple ect. As this is time consuming to make, rather than rip my dash out and wait ages for it to be done, i bought a speedo and heater control unit and we are using those to pratice on.

So it would kinda help me out alot if someone could tell me which terminal is positive and which is negative.Is there a way to tell without putting it in the car?

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
wrx884 said:
Not really i just parralleled 4 LEDs ina row and then hard wired it cut the old globe holder out as theres only 1 normal globe inside but its not that thats a pain in the ass its the lil plastic film its got diff shades of green n white on it and its laminated so u cant take it off with nething. All i did was got some clear laminate 1mm thick or less u will find out y wen u get it out neways then i put some dark blue transparent sticker like wat u used 2 cover ur school books with then on the other side put a white coloured 1 on the other side so u can read ur drives during the day. Getting 2 it is a lil fiddly have u gotten ur gear stick out b4?? Theres a thread here somwhere how 2 do it i'll try find it if u follow that u shouldnt have a prob.

Thanks for your help. I know the thread you are talking about.
I havent had the gear stick out before, but it shoud be ok. It sounds like they have designed that Drive to First lable thing really annoyingly. By putting clear laminate we will be able to keep the P part as red which is great :)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Miss-E said:
On the globes in the heater control which terminal is positive and which is negative?

Wat sorta heater control do u have just the basic dial controls or the climate 1? and on the curcuit board which type do ya have theres 2 types 1 that has holes that 5 mm LEDs can fit through n another that only 3mm LEDs will fit through??

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I have the one with the dials and it's the circuit board with 5mm LEDs.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
my mate didnt do any of this just put caps over it but doesnt make it as bright as the led's but still doesnt look bad at all.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Miss-E said:
I have the one with the dials and it's the circuit board with 5mm LEDs.

Try this Miss-E its marked but if u have ne probs just folow the -/+ pins that r marked on there as it will b the same as urs.

VT berlina- so they r just normal globes which were already in there??? wouldnt u have the prob of them blowin so easy with the slightest knock or bump?? i found after i took them out n put them back in they were usually blown did ur mate have that prob??

Attachments

• DSCF0709.jpg
    DSCF0709.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 518

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
can anyone tell me which sides the led's go on for the ac controls. i know the end one is opposite to the others but which way do they go in. whats positive and whats negetive...cheers

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Infanti said:
can anyone tell me which sides the led's go on for the ac controls. i know the end one is opposite to the others but which way do they go in. whats positive and whats negetive...cheers

look at the pic i sent Miss-E will tell u which way the LEDs go

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Thanks tons wrx884. Very helpful. And saved me ripping my car apart to find out.