Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue lights (interior and number plates)

sedate looking

Reaction score
Website
uniqueridez.net
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Caprice.
You will get defected for the number plate lights. Just get some pure white globes that truckies use for those.

I bought a neon globe for my interior light from Autobahn.

***sigh*** There are no rules stating what colour (except blue, see below) the number plate lights have to be.. As long as it is lit to a point it is easily read.. I ran red in my old statesman for years without a drama, went through countless road side checks and never even got asked about them and it was passed through a GENUINE roady with these lights in.If it is dull lighting, then expect a question or two about them...Also bare in mind, you are not allowed to run blue lights of ANY description.. They are reserved for emergency vehicles ONLY..

""
Legally, the characters on the number plate must be visible from 20 metres away—at any point within an arc of 45 degrees from the surface of the plate, above or to either side of the vehicle.""

Taken from here... ( not guessing)
Number plates

Now as for the interior light, if you run ANY sort of color apart from the standard, expect to get pulled over....Pretty simple that one, it is just an attention getter. So expect attention..

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
i replaced my interior lights with color changing LED's

Now all of my interior lights (its a calais so 9 of them) change color at the same time

are you sure they change at the same time?
For changing colour leds i was pretty sure they had to run off the same modulator to make them the same colour at the same time, or they just change at slightly different rates and arent always the same colour.
If you found something that changes at the same time, I want it!!

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
are you sure they change at the same time?
For changing colour leds i was pretty sure they had to run off the same modulator to make them the same colour at the same time, or they just change at slightly different rates and arent always the same colour.
If you found something that changes at the same time, I want it!!

Iv noticed that after maybe 3 min running, they begin to change timing, but only occasionally. Most of the time they are all in time. I ended up just making it the top 3 lights (3 roof lights) because i could not see a dam thing in my car otherwise. That is till i fix my map lights, they are not making connection properly.

I got the globes at Autobarn @ $9.99 each

sedate looking

Reaction score
Website
uniqueridez.net
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Caprice.
What you need is one of these little critters... Ultra hard to find on their own,without having to buy a whole led kit.... Full speed control, can change the display.. This is the dash control unit, so you can see what style your led's are going at...Has output for 16 seperate led's......Just have to wire your led's into this magical little box, then stand back and go W O W.....PRETTIES...

Now make me an offer i can't refuse and it can be all yours.....

Pics, and i even made a video, so you can see it in action... Remember what you see on the display, is what the led's will be doing...

27032008423.jpg

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
We've got sumthin similar to that. It's a 30cm LED light thingo and it comes with a controller similar to urs. It shows the LED's on the controller the same so maybe u could use that. The light was under $50 from Repco.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
just went thru the same thing. i rang regency bout the blu interior lights, and they said as long as it's not visible from the outside of the vehicle, it's ok to have.

CC

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I dont see how that would work without rewiring the interior lights of your car. They all run off the same circuit, but each led has 3 colours in it, so you need 4 wires for each one, one for each colour + the ground.

Would it be easier to get something that sends out a sync pulse so you wouldnt have to rewire the lights that you want to be changing colour?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I dont see how that would work without rewiring the interior lights of your car. They all run off the same circuit, but each led has 3 colours in it, so you need 4 wires for each one, one for each colour + the ground.

Would it be easier to get something that sends out a sync pulse so you wouldnt have to rewire the lights that you want to be changing colour?

Actually no u dont u can get RGBs that work off the same circuitry and only have the 2 legs (1 pos+ and 1 neg- leg) we got them at work

Commoler

Reaction score