Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boat Insurance

adsvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlia
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Prolly the wrong forum but I'm just wondering how much boat insurance is worth for boat? I'm looking at getting a 15ft timber putt putt boat. I can buy it for $5,500.00

I just want to have an idea about associated costs. Eg trailer rego, insurance etc

From looking at the nsw maritime website, it doesn't seem to need to be registered? Due to the power output (2hp) and less than 5.5 meters (4.5 meters)

Can anyone enlighten me on the whole boat ownership deal??

Thanks Adam

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

NaY 2.0

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
If a boat isn't capable of going over 10knots it doesn't have to be registered and you dont need to hold a boat license either.

IMHO buy a tiny with a 15hp -30hp motor = way more fun

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
nautiless marine insurance but for 5 grand and not having to be regod why would you bother if it is to be kept at home see if you can just add it to your home and contents (theft)

dannyssvseute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv special ed ute
Try Club Marine Insurance, I have always insured all my boats with them. A few years ago I had my trailer stolen at 10.00pm on new years eve. By 11.30pm they had a tilt tray & trailer come & take my boat from the ramp. A brand new trailer was organized & built within 5 weeks. Try doing that with most insurance companies.