Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bob the BIMMER - WRITE OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
its a real shame to hear about your car, especially how good locking of a condition it is in, mint would be an understatement.
hopefully it goes all good for you, and those scum that tried to break in get caught.
could always buy al old rolla just to park at the station (they are bombproof things)
goodluck with it all

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Cheers mate.

The idea of the bimmer was for it to just be a to and from station car.

But yeah, Thursday will tell what happens.

They'll either fix it, which hopefully will be quick and the situation is a non-issue. Other than it cost me 500 excess.

Or, they write it off and then I'm up **** creek trying to find a car.

Hmmm...

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
hopefully its good news on thursday. do you know what would need to be fixed if it can be?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Well how wrong was I jester i said in your train station that nobody would want to steal it.

It's not a good thing to happen is it when you rely on to get to work and back and something liek that happens that is totally out of your control.

Does the carpark have cameras? i know seaford station does from when i use to go there

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
hopefully its good news on thursday. do you know what would need to be fixed if it can be?

The door will need to be panel beated a bit and have a new lock put in, I imaginethis means a respray which is not good news as the 1/4 panel behind the door is fairly faded after all this rain.

The steering wheel will need to be replaced, the indicator stalk will need to be replaced which I imagine will involve replacing the whole indicator unit.

And whatever damage has been caused at the column mounting points. On one side it the bolt has been ripped out and on the other the mounting point would have to be bent considering the position of the wheel.

Yeah, we'll see what they say on Thursday. I am HOPING that they decide to fix is as then the whole situation is really not a big issue. I'm just $550 out for excess but still have a car. If they write it off, well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Well how wrong was I jester i said in your train station that nobody would want to steal it.

It's not a good thing to happen is it when you rely on to get to work and back and something liek that happens that is totally out of your control.

Does the carpark have cameras? i know seaford station does from when i use to go there

I know that Frankston station has camera's from the carpark underpass onwards and facing the bus area, but I haven't noticed any camera's in the parking lot itself.

Though it's not something that I usually try to take specific notice of.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
got the missus to do a quick search for your vehicle 1989 e30 318i BMW manual. (she works for the parts locator group) just in case thursday doesnt go well :s

euro city motors say they have a complete vehicle...03.5277.3139 7 kelly court north geelong
also:
BM's R Us-03.9460.5755 250 edwardes st reservoir
and
Bm Parts and services 03.9791.6822 209 princes hwy dandnong

she asked if you could please mention parts locator and you will most probably get a discount.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Cheers mate, thank you (and your missus) for checking this out for me.

Now I have a few more options depending on what happens Thursday.

Will keep you posted!

Cheers!

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Just got the call from RACV.

The car has been deemed unrepairable and a total loss.

Find out later tonight how much I will get for it.

And so ends the adventure that has been "Bob the Bimmer".

:(

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
No good mate.
Unrepairable? total Loss?? didn't you say it had just been broken into?
**** news either way.

Your conveyancer sounds like a top bloke, if only there were more people like him on the face of the planet, to try and offset the amount of assholes getting around

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, it was broken into but the damage they caused trying to steal it was quite severe.

The assessor said they are writting it off, though I would imagine it will be auctioned off as a repairable write off.

Yeah, conveyancer is awesome... seriously went above and beyond on 2 occasions for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.