Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body control module. What is it and what does it do???

kojamoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
My VT is displaying the engine train light and the airbag light. The mechanic tested the car and told me that the Body module control code is coming up. Does anyone know what the Body module control is and what it does??

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
what code is it exactly? there is no code specifically for body control as you describe.
the body control module controls the body electrical functions, nothing to do with the airbag?
try to get the specific code & i will be able to help more
Rob

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
If you have the airbag, engine, abs lights on and tc light on if fitted, you more than likey have an ABS Module fault.
In the wiring circuit, the ABS is most important hence its first to send and retrieve data, when it has a fault in its module it sets all the other lights on as well as its on light. If you take it to get looked at, the abs wont be able to talk to the test machine and you wont get any codes out of it. Sometimes you are able to disconnect the module and reset it. In some cases when these warning lights come on, you also loose a/c.
Hope this helps.
ken

kojamoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Thanks. Would this also cause my fans to run constantly when the warning lights come on?

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
kojamoz said:
Thanks. Would this also cause my fans to run constantly when the warning lights come on?
if you got faulty coolant temp sensor yeah fan can be always on. but hey, i had a VR once with engine light on all the time, had multiple codes, i had to end up pulling the whole loom out to find a broken earth wire in there. but hey i fixed my problem of many fault codes with one earth wire in the middle of the loom that came apart.