Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

body kits..whats the go?

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive/ VR clubsport
i got a 1987 vl and im looking to put a body kit on it..the walky kit is a bit big for a chick like me...got any decent combinations that look neat but will stand out..even photos? i need to be pointed in the right direction as im not sure what i want yet...

thanks
Shady

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah, that picture there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/SICKVL/pic1.jpg

Is good, but from the rear it looks gay. The drop tank.. On 9 outta 10 cars, looks gay. The rear looks the same,gay.. the center piece between the lights, needs to be black, or match the tail-lights at least.

And the rear bumper.. It's weird...

Spoiler!!! Get rid of it.. Heaps better.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
To each their own I guess lol, like some people don't like the director kit and others adore them.. IMO it's certainly different, which is refreshing after a while (and if you've given up the anti rice crusades and just accept them like I have you'd see where I'm coming from :p )

How about some of the original kits (especially the director) but minus the spoiler if you could, the rear bumper/colour coded centre garnish/colour coded tail lights look pretty cool: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showpost.php?p=100273&postcount=146

Thanks for not wanting a walky kit by the way, a personal annoyance when a VLT or anything but a HSV is done up like a walky and they're in all colours of the rainbow sheesh (again my opinion)

Now if you want to be really different, grab one of those granny visors for the back window.. and colour code it LOL

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks guys...the walky is too common..atleast where i live there are two vl's with that kit...the director is a chunky kit...i looked at the gts kit..its a bit too rounded and the calais is too simple...the aero and group a is all that is left yeah?

V

VLCT87

if ya want the group A kit give classic spoilers a call thats if ya live in qld but aint got the number

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
you can always mix and match according to tou're taste i.e- group A bar, calais LE side skirts, aero rear bar. well I'm gonna mix and match mine but haven't decided what I like yet.

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
where do i go in sydney for a kit...most places that i called have told me they dont do the vl..only new kits...i think group a or aero front but i dunno bout the side or rear yet...i havent had a good enough look...

another thing how much will it cost me to get the kit sprayed...that is if i buy it from qld and get it shipped to sydney..approx how much am i looking to get it sprayed and n fitted here

dewmiester

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr stateo 3.8
iv got my eyes set on a Director kit...it will go on a '88 VL executive wont it? i live on the north coast of NSW, does anyone know where i could get a director kit from? as far up as brisbane and down to even sydney (dont really want to travel that far if it isnt totally necesary).. cheers

Last edited: