Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bonners new White E3 Clubsport

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Walkinshaw mirror caps mate

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well guys bit of an update and new pics

A downshift meet at PA Hospital Carpark

my new valve covers to go on

Then it was decided to get a cam done (yeah yeah I know..... Im not touching it). The job was handed to Elite Automotive. The intent was to use the wonderful KPM gear that was used in Paul's GTS at last years Motor Magazine Hot Tuner Challenge. His car came a very resepctable third and was the best of the big Aussie cars.

the biggest thing I wanted to eliminate was the drone out of an auto. Paul Koutsoukos and i talked at length about the outcomes of the car with a cam and the current system I had. We discussed the idea of changing my exhaust as well to make my setup a full KPM Motorsport Streetfighter kit that is the same as in Paul's GTS. The only difference was that mine doesnt have a blower. We also discussed at length the driveability and possible power as I would be going from 3"to 2.5". Alex at Mr Muffler did a great job getting my original exhaust done and did an awesome job doing the 4"tips on my car. Which is one thing I wanted to maintain (or closely) with this. The KPM system comes with 3.5"tips and didnt fit properly in the E3 bar. The solution was Paul's fabricator has done an awesome job just extending the tip to come out. Not as full on filling the hole like the 4"tips did. but good none the less. And the result. The car is simply fantastic to drive. It just wants to go and go and keep going when the foot is planted. But its so quiet when you need it to be. There is no drone as well. The power and driveability are what we spoke about and what Paul promised. The boys at elite did that and more. Thanks guys.

The end result was a very healthy 320rwkw. Im so thrilled with the end power and driveability of the car and would highly recommend this setup.

Then we wanted to see how good the car was. It fell right in line with the HSVOC of Qld drag day at Willowbank. I have never been down the 1/4 before so was really looking forward to seeing not just what I could do but what the car might be capable.

I was stoked. About 15 runs and all of them were roughly around here. Not bad for a first effort. Apparently I need to get my 60 foot down. Paul believes its a 12.3 car.

Wedding couple of days after cam

This was a recent Club VE cruise

A new look on 19's

Queensland Autospectacular over the weekend

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
is your car one of the tekno promo cars ive seen it in a mag i think... should get some signatues from the v8 boys. on the book or something

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
no mate, its not Jonnos car. That car was sold to a guy in Sydney. I admit to using his car for inspiration.

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
this car looks amazing, loved how the old wheels suited it so perfectly
new wheels look great too, even considered getting them for my car
any more future plans?

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Looking at the front of your car i reckon you should get a GTS badge made up , but done in running writing instead of the original badge and stick it on the honeycomb vent on the right hand side of the grill, would set the front off that touch more and would intertwine with the running writing on the roof

Would be original, different and sporty, yet classy ;)

just my 2c lol

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cracker idea mate but unfortunately mines a clubby not a gts. Perhaps word 'clubsport' could work.

kc82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV Clubsport R8 E2
Hey mate love the attention to detail and quality of your mods, I have taken the spoiler of my clubby and want to put a lip spoiler on, did the Walkinshaw one you purchased just fit straight into the standard holes or was more holes / painting needed to make it fit?

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
thankyou mate. Much appreciated. Yeah the walky one uses the front two of the mounting holes but covers the rears. It also has extra mounting holes along the edge of the boot but I removed them and simply used double sided tape