Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bonnet Jammed

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Mine was hard to open for a long time then mentioned it to a panel beater friend who adjusted the alighnment and greased the striker nose and hole.
I couldn't believe the difference, the bonnet still seemed like it sat in the same place but was so much easier on the cable pull.
Pushing down on the centre while pulling the cable is the usual way to open a stuck bonnet.
Unclip the handle from under the dash so that you can access the actual cable then use pliers to grab and pull the cable itself.

Bitemylip

Reaction score
Just had the same sort of prob. If you look under you should see a round hole with a mechanism that looks like it will take a flat head screw driver.

All i had to do was unscrew it like a half turn, and now she opens alot more freely. Also put some WD40 on all the bits (greese would be better). works like new now.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
There is a specific distance you should adjust it to. The gregorys manual shows it. Someone did a diagram up and posted in on here a long time ago. If its working though dont be too worried.

RunninWild

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Cheers for all the replies blokes.. Still not open.. Will have another crack tomorrow with all these tips...

Will update then.