Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bonnet re done

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
Does anyone know how much it costs to re coat your bonnet in the SE suburbs of VIC when it starts peeling and looking like absolute shite? Can't stand looking at the bonnet in it's current condition so if anyone has had it done can they throw up how much it cost them and if it was in VIC somewhere to take it to etc

Cheers

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
Also would the paint underneath need to be re done or would it just require that top lacquer to be re done? The paint underneath looks smooth and doesn't have any blemishes on it or anything so i'm hoping I can get away with just a re coat but if it's gonna look like crap then I will just get the whole lot done in 1 hit.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
go have a chat to body image prestiage on highbury road, i cant remember his name, but has painted my front bar, good job and decent price, cant remember many details that was over 6 years ago

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Are you willing to have a go at doing it yourself? If its only the clear coat that needs doing, you can do it yourself for under $100. Heaps of advice on the forum on how to do that.

If not, again assuming its only the clear coat on the outside of the bonnet thats damaged, then any pro who charges more than about $400 is probably making more than he should.

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
Cheers guys, willing to give it a go as the paint underneath seems good enough, and worse comes to worse it's only $100 down the drain if i mess it up and i'll just get a prof to fix it but i'm on here hoping to learn so I guess why not! Time to search the forums on how to's.

Will also check out Body Image as well, cheers Ephect.
Cheers guys.