Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boost set up opinions?

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Sounds like fun, have you had it at the strip yet? Does anyone know anything about those 112 chargers?

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Got a 6 litre with cam and supercharger (capa 2300) in my vz ss and i LOVE it. So much torque make 550rwhp at 6300rpm on a soft tune on 15psi could get over 600 with a good tune but want to keep the heads on. Best iv got in fuel is 10.2/100 in 5th because cam doesnt like 6th at 110km. The best thing bout it is the torque, the 15psi comes on instantly. So happy i got a top mount.

How much torque does your car have?

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
15psi seems pretty high though Harris? I though 10psi was about all you should put through a stock bottom end. Thought you might have a bit more than 550 atw with that kinda boost. How much power did ya have before the charger?

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
15psi seems pretty high though Harris? I though 10psi was about all you should put through a stock bottom end. Thought you might have a bit more than 550 atw with that kinda boost. How much power did ya have before the charger?

It is pretty high but it ended up over driving it with the gilmer kit. Hasnt blown up yet but not planning on it lol. It made 400 with the cam and other little bits. The guy tuning said its got atleast another 50hp in the tune its just running hell rich to keep it together.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
What kind if unit do you have one your vt? Does the power come on all of a sudden like a narrow powrrband?

Vortech V2, and power comes on gradually through the revs.