Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot install issue

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
Hey guys I have installed 2 subs and 2 amps into the boot of my vp calais. It fits pretty snug but now i dont no how to fix the box to the car. sometimes when driving the box falls from where it sits into the fround of the boot. This is a big problem because my boot leaks and i dont really want water getting onto the stereo. If you can give me any ideas in how to fix the box to the car that would be great :yeah: Also if the box is fixed to the car i cant get to my amps so if you have any idea for where i can put the amps to get at them that would be good as well.
Thanx :air:

holden_nut05

Reaction score
if u got crpet on the bottom bottom staple the sticky sharp side of velcro to the bottom box and that stuff should stick otherwise try duck tap lol or seperating the car stereo from the water area or maybe get the water out as water creates rust, no one wants rust

markc3012

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss Commodore
mounting

Yep good old velcro works or take out the speakers form ththe box and tech screw it to the floor, be careful though about what is underneath. Put the subs back in and no one will see any mounts....

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
what Kal said....get it done professionally, but if you insist...
I tend to use concealed brackets that we use for mobile cradles. I line them up where I want them and screw them in place with the shortest possible screw mount the box in place and then screw them to the side of the box, that way, if you need to remove the box, you don't need to remove the drivers from the enclosure. As for the amplifiers, is there enough room to mount them underneath the parcelshelf, hanging upside down?

davfull

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy v6 acclaim
you really shouldn't mount amps upside down as the heatsinks are usually on top of the amp and it won't let the heat dissipate properly.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
your talking about extreme amounts of heat for it to cause a problem though.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
the upsidedown mount it a good plan but i agree with the heat removal. i have seen amps copping a hiding give off amazing amounts ot heat...

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
i got a pioneer sub and prefab box in my vr, i screwed the carpet to the box then threw the parcel shelf into the top of the box, totally concelled that way and it hasn't moved a bit in 3 yrs

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
If the amp was overheating, it most likely in response to being driven too hard. Whilst being upsidedown, the parcel shelp will act as huge mofo heatsink dissipating the heat through the amps heatsinks and upto parcel shelf