Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

boot lid open

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
hi all I have a 2015 vf sv6 bought new in june and have the boot lid open light come on when I close the boot at times, I then have to get out and close it again not a big problem but more annoying. I have taken it back to dealer who said he adjusted the boot latch as nothing else seems wrong. of course that didn't fix it. mainly happens when you use key button to open the boot. any one else had this problem and had a fix for it. cheers in advance.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
I have the same problem, I've copped it about 3 or 4 times. tells me the boot is open when it's not. Mine's going in for a service next week, I'll make sure I mention it to them

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
Sounds exactly what mine is doing. Haven't chased up a fix yet though so I'd be interested to hear what the fix is.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Dropped mine off for it's 3000km service, and mentioned the boot issue. The guy at the counter said it's the first time he's heard of the problem, though oddly enough the guy standing behind me waiting in line said his does the same thing. Obviously a common issue

SPARKY14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Evoke
Hi guys. I have a 2014 Evoke with the same boot lid issue. Took it in to my dealership for service and mentioned it to them. The problem is known to Holden and they have a fix which involves re-programming the Instrument panel cluster. However the dealer so far can't achieve the fix, and have taken a week and 3 instrument panel clusters without success. Will keep you posted.

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
Hi guys. I have a 2014 Evoke with the same boot lid issue. Took it in to my dealership for service and mentioned it to them. The problem is known to Holden and they have a fix which involves re-programming the Instrument panel cluster. However the dealer so far can't achieve the fix, and have taken a week and 3 instrument panel clusters without success. Will keep you posted.
Hi sparky
I finally got mine fixed after being back 3 times. I got feed up with taking it back so i told them of and told them i want a new latch put in which they did and problem hasn't happened since.hope this helps

SSV 407

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I have a VFII 2017 SSV Redline with the large boot spoiler. The boot only opens half way. Is this normal? As the small spoiler opens fully.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I have a VFII 2017 SSV Redline with the large boot spoiler. The boot only opens half way. Is this normal? As the small spoiler opens fully.

large spoiler is heavier...
if the boot uses the same springs and shocks than that would make sense..

treesnake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 SII Sedan
2015 SII and also have the same boot lid open warning problem , perhaps once randomly every 2 months or so.
Where is the sensor located ?