Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

boot/spoiler size

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
hey guys and girls.

just need a quick favour. could someone measure the width of the boot lid. or if you have a spoiler measure the base of it.

cheers in advance

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
As the boot tapers back to the rearmost leading edge it measures 1.165m at that point but........the base of the spoiler is shaped to the taper so its measurement at its widest point is 1.190m.....by the way, thats an SV6 spoiler, I dont know if the SS are different at the base.
....the point to all this???????Are you thinking of fitting a VE spoiler.?? if so you need a boot width of at least 1.190m and then determine whether the under bootlid will allow the bolting on of such.........
hope this helps
Cheers, Rogues

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
ive been told they dont fit as well. but just looking into it

just measured the boot its 117cm at the smallest point (the rear edge) and gets out to 119 before the end of the taillights(or start depends on which way your looking) which it about 7-8cm away for the edge. and it only gets wider from there.

so it looks like it will be close. cheers for your help Rogues, but i just need one more favour, could you please measure how far the spoiler leg starts before the rear edge of the boot of just how big the spoiler leg is would be better

btw its a ssv spoiler which would mount the same as a sv6 soiler

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
naf,
The spoiler I had fitted is placed so that the support leg sits at the extreme edge, just before the boot curves down......(you dont the leg hanging over)..
I should think you could mount it forward from that point without any problem as long as you have no problem with the underlip of the boot for bolting purposes.
The support leg measures, as best I can tell, 150mm from leading edge to trailing edge........NOTE that the bolts, which I would assume are moulded to the spoiler, are offset towards the rear of the leg.
Wth a spacing of 75mm between the two (centres) the rearmost bolt appears to be only 15mm from the trailing edge of the leg
/______________/
............... !.............!
l...60mm...l...75mm.l..l15mm

like so.....
Hope this helps...Rogues

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
thanks mate helps alot:thumbsup: