Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot Wont Open. Aberrantly valet Locked.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Boot Wont Open. Apparently valet Locked.

My boot wont open by the key, only the manual release inside the back seat.

I called my mechanic, its going in for a service Saturday anyways, and he told me that holden has a lock mechanism and he knows how to 'unlock it'. Apparently its some sort of valet lock so when you give the car to a parking valet they cant open the boot. He said I must have bumped the locking mechanism.

Rather then wait until Saturday, can anyone here tell me how to turn off the valet thing? Its a Holden Caprice WK.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,

I called my mechanic, its going in for a service Saturday anyways, and he told me that holden has a lock mechanism and he knows how to 'unlock it'. Apparently its some sort of valet lock so when you give the car to a parking valet they cant open the boot. He said I must have bumped the locking mechanism.

Rather then wait until Saturday, can anyone here tell me how to turn off the valet thing? Its a Holden Caprice WK.

Try disconnecting the battery , (After noting the radio pin code) it should default back to normal after battery is reconnected.

christopherVYpaul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pac
Same thing has happened to my VY.
I disconnected the battery and it still has the same issue.

??

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Oh well, going in for a service tomorrow and my mechanic used to work for Holden and says he knows exactly what it is.

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
You'll probably get this sorted tomorrow anyway, but does the remote release in the glove box work?

WestieZBRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB V6 AWD RS-V Commodore
i was playing around with the latch on my old vx one day and im pretty sure theres a little switch on the side that locks/unlocks the latch.

christopherVYpaul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pac

What was the result of the service on Saturday?

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
If you can hear the actuator moving when pressing the remote it is most likely that the rod that connects the actuator to the latch is broken.

freddofrog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II
I had this problem and the rod between the actuator and the latch was broken.
Open the boot with the yellow manual cable pull from the splitfold seat opening.
Look into the boot lid cavity and press the boot open button on your keys. You will see the actuator working or not working. If it is working see if it has a thin metal rod to the latch. This is probably broken.

Does anyone know which part I need to buy?
1. Just the wire?
2. Another latch?
3. Another actuator?
4. Another car? ;-)

H Bomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
I had the same problem, when I pressed the boot release on the remote the noise worked (i.e the actuator) but the wire was broken and wouldn't release. Then when I pulled the rip cord (the yellow) it opened fine, so I just made another wire out of a coathanger and its been fine since. Its a bit of trial and error for the length but was easy enough. In saying that I'm sure I have read on here previously someone had theirs fixed during a service at the dealer with a whole new unit for only $80. I'd almost save yourself the hassle and do that.
I however have a Calais, but maybe the Caprice does have a valet lock, in which case surely it would be in the manual how to disable it?