Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boss 35 Fared capacitor

mumsvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II "Lumina"
From How to upgrade the Big Three

"...- The gauge of wire you need depends on the total current draw of your audio system, and/or the current generating capacity of your alternator. Never use smaller cable that you used to power your amps; never use smaller cable than what already exists in your vehicle; never use smaller cable than the generating capacity of your alternator; never use smaller than 4 AWG (it's just not worth the time to use anything smaller); if in doubt, always use higher gauge cable than you think you need. If you look at the Power and Ground charts and your amplifier current draw corresponds to 2 AWG cable, use no smaller than 2 AWG cable, and use 1/0 if you can...."

Naken

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV8
Thats exactly what ive been searching for cheers for the link very helpful

mumsvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II "Lumina"
Thats exactly what ive been searching for cheers for the link very helpful

You're welcome. I think your VZ SV8 would have a capable enough default big three and alternator unless you're planning something insane for your system eg: 10000W sub amp; my stock VX alternator puts out 80 amps providing enough to juice the single Yellowtop and run my system with the engine running, of course.

All the best. :beer chug: