Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bought a FAKE

Wingnut0021

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Commodore, 1997 VS Statesman II V8
I just found out today that my car isnt infact a S pak but just an ordinary executive. Last owner just thought it was cool to change the badges! So i dont have the sports suspension afterall. Is there anything illegal about a wrongfuly badged car? And what would i need to do to make it a S replica?

I did see some S's at the wreckers, its it possible to take the suspension off them? donno how good they would be cuz most of the cars there would have been in an accident

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Some of the execs did come with the FE2 suspension, it was a factory option. So you might have it after all. Time to start measuring ride height and noting down any serial numbers you find on any parts.

The only difference (as far as I know), is the FE2 suspension is a little lower than the bog standard exec base suspension so the only difference would be shocks and springs (panhard rod too). Fairly straighforward to change over if you're really desperate for it.

B

Blownvsute

I would think that the suspension option would be stamped on the Body Info plate under the bonnet, plate should be on the firewall. If there is nothing stamped after the word "SUSP" then it has standard suspension, if it has FE2 or V5W then it will be stamped with that alpha numeric I.D.

Last edited by a moderator:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'll tell you what I know so far about FE2.
Different lower/stiffer/better springs, gas shockers, bigger front brakes (same as the V8) I think different swaybar(s) Panhard rod is the same part (I think)

Sometimes the plates are stamped STD or sometimes there is just nothing there for standard suspension. I don't know if the models that came with FE2 had FE2 stamped on them or if that only gets stamped on when it was an option.

Also the Group A has different springs again, not FE2 but something even more sporty, I don't remember the code anymore but you can find out down at the local Holden :p. I wanted to buy some GroupA springs but there is none left and I don't know which company made them for Holden, I guess if we find out who makes the FE2 springs it would be a fair chance it's the same company. Monroe gas are the factory shockers for the FE2 setup

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
and nah i don't think there's anything illegal about a car being badged wrong, mine's got no badges at all :) i took em off cuz they said 'lexcen' :(

with something like an s pack i don't think anybody would even notice - but if in doubt, rip em off. commodores always look smoother without badges. a cheap effective aesthetic modification.

B

Blownvsute

savage1987 said:
V5W? FE2 is the sports suspension setup, but what's V5W and why's it special?
V5W = Country Pack suspension, about the same compression stroke as standard with less rebound..

xyster

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV SV-125 VN Wagon
VN berlina i had a few years ago had FE2 suspension.. it had FE2 stamped on the build plate. rode nice and certainly had the bigger front brakes. first time i got the pads done, took out the old ones and some dofus had stuck normal sized pads in there.. made an interesting wear pattern anyway..

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
Being badged wrong is not the problem. Did he represent the car as a Exec or as a S pak? Then you get to the legal part.

missmcudd

The Bee Sting butterfly
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Mini Cooper
if the advertisement said that it was a true S-PAK and not mock up or exec then you have a case. You could get the seller under the false advertisement laws and you could get big bucks for it and buy all the s-paks in the world!