Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bought my first commodore, advice...

1LOWVX

How Low Can You Go
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
The fuel pump should shut off as my mates does and his brothers SS does as well. Is it gas injection or a impco cause that may make a diffrence but if your car feels and sounds like its flooding on petrol then your O rings on the base of your injectors are worn or cracked from running on gas to much, as that happened to me but not from gas as i don't have it nor want it. But if you change or injectors i recommend you change your plugs as the may be fowled up and after that your car will thank you for it

lad79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
Yeah its a convert type setup not injector(damn the prior owner for being a povo asshle). Since Ive had it, Ive done about 700klms and about 200 of those have been one fuel, as I know u need to run it on fuel some of the time. I'm seriously close to ripping the gas system off and going back to just petrol, seems a lot easier, cheaper etc. If this is anything to go by I wont be running LPG again.....

But yeah I can definately hear the fuel pump running even when on LPG, opened the boot and listened under the floor and its quite loud..... Gas system was only fitted in 97.

1LOWVX

How Low Can You Go
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Was the gas fitted 07 or 97, try shutting the gas value off in the boot and run the car on only petrol and see how it goes and also does it have a pod filter or the orginal. If you go back to straight petrol i would recomend putting new injectors and plugs in it to give the motor a fresh start from running gas i hope this helps

lad79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
Gas was fitted 2007(my bad lol), by previous owner. Got receipts etc with it. When using the switch to run on petrol it runs heaps better, its as if its still getting petrol when it is switched to LPG(you can still hear the petrol pump running).

Last edited:

1LOWVX

How Low Can You Go
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
You may have some faulty wiring or a blown fuse stopping the petrol from being switched off when on gas, i recommened taking itback to the gas mechanic and get them to look at it

lad79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
forgot to say, it doesnt have a pod but one of the K&N panel filters.

Yeah I think its the best bet, just annoyed coz of only had her two weeks.
Checked the tank and it was installed sept 07 so about 18mths old.

Cheers guys
Luke

1LOWVX

How Low Can You Go
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
pod filters and 100 times better then panel as panels have a tendency to backfire thru the air box, and iam suprised it wasnt picked up on a roady, good luck

lad79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
Hasnt had a rwc done since i bought it, i only put it in the day after i bought it.

Have taken out the K&N filter and put the original paper one back in, to see if it makes any difference.

I noticed there is a little black box and it says lean/rich with two lights on it, the blue light next to lean is on.

Also on a different note, if my engine mount on the passgr side is broken, could this cause a kind of knocking sound?

1LOWVX

How Low Can You Go
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
The Engine Mount shouldnt make a knock noise that sounds more likely to be suspension, like a missing bush or rubber

lad79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
This is when its just sitting idleing, on the spot not moving with the bonnet up, sounds like its coming from under the passgr exhaust manifold.