Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boxing classes

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
I was wondering if anyone on here does it. I've been taking classes for a couple of weeks now and love it, i'm seriously considering doing actual fights. Any tip on different exercises i could at home, i got some my off my trainer to do but a few more wouldn't hurt.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
yea ive been boxing for a couple of years .. skipping skipping and more skipping lol... really helps out with your footwork .and also you can hit the heavy bag and mits all day but it will never hit you back you really need to get into the ring and spa with as many different people as you can and as often as you can if you wanna compete. when your at home practice your footwork and getting the proper technique down.
and keep up the road work and cardio moring or afternoon runs try not to just do a steady pace but a intermediate bursts

theres a few good boxing websites out there that offer free training advice

Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums
Learn How to Box | How To Box

do you train at a proper boxing gym or is it just a boxerfit sorta setup ?

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea ive been boxing for a couple of years .. skipping skipping and more skipping lol... really helps out with your footwork .and also you can hit the heavy bag and mits all day but it will never hit you back you really need to get into the ring and spa with as many different people as you can and as often as you can if you wanna compete. when your at home practice your footwork and getting the proper technique down.
and keep up the road work and cardio moring or afternoon runs try not to just do a steady pace but a intermediate bursts

Yeah it's a proper boxing gym, at the moment i'm just doing personal training once a week to just get my technique right, then i figured i'd start doing some group classes to get some sparring in. I'll go for a drive today and buy some hand wraps and a skipping rope, so i can start doing some training at home, i already got the punching bag etc... from when i used to do taekwondo. I do laps at a pool, cause i can't stand running lol.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride

Yeah it's a proper boxing gym, at the moment i'm just doing personal training once a week to just get my technique right, then i figured i'd start doing some group classes to get some sparring in. I'll go for a drive today and buy some hand wraps and a skipping rope, so i can start doing some training at home, i already got the punching bag etc... from when i used to do taekwondo. I do laps at a pool, cause i can't stand running lol.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
lol i never liked running much but its something ya gonna have to get into lol give it a good 4-6 months of getting fit and learning before having a proper spa .. once you get in the ring you really relize how long 3 min goes for when a bloke is trying to hit you around the ring there is fit and then theres ring fit

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
I didn't think it would matter whether you did swimming, riding, or running as they're all cardio exercises, maybe i'm wrong. I do thirty laps of the pool at the moment, i used to run 5km everyday but stopped at the end of last year. I'll bring an ipod to make it more bearable, if take that up again :idea:

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well i had my first sparring lesson today, was so good, can't wait till my next one. Only annoying part was I already had a forty minute work out prior to the fight, so i didn't go as well as i would've liked.