Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake bleeding

VEdriver59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE, 09 of 2008, Omega, Auto, 3.6 Litre, 6 Cylinder
In the process of researching to change out my diff, someone said that it will be neccessary to bleed the bakes again so I been reading up on one person pumps.

Anyone got any hints and tips on which ones to get, which to avoid etc?

Can the axels be pulled out without having to disconnect the brake line?

Someone also said that an alignment would also be necessary. Why would that be required on a rear wheel?

thanks

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Why would he need to remove the break calipers to change the diff? or even touch the brakes? being a VE with IRS.

you just take the diff itself out, leaving the axles and tailshaft hanging there after undoing all the bolts then slot the new diff in and bolt it all back up.

If you need new axles well just disconnect the axles, no need to move the brakes at all or anything that would affect the alignment.

But for future reference yes the rear alignment can be adjusted as well.

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
In the process of researching to change out my diff, someone said that it will be neccessary to bleed the bakes again so I been reading up on one person pumps.

Anyone got any hints and tips on which ones to get, which to avoid etc?

Can the axels be pulled out without having to disconnect the brake line?

Someone also said that an alignment would also be necessary. Why would that be required on a rear wheel?

thanks

You need to remove the calipers to move the axle down to get it out of the diff. When you undo the calipers, cable tie them up to the spring so there is no tension on the brake line. There is no need to disconnect them.

The rear wheel alignment is recommended as you will slightly adjust the wheel alignment when you put the axles back in the diff.

HTH Nick