Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake caliper/disc question

blcarter81

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE CALAIS
Hi guys, i havent really ever modified or done much to a car before - mainly because my two previous cars were buckets. I just got 20s for my 06 Calais and it looks good, but someone crap because the calipers and disc are looking a bit dated. I know to paint the caliper, which is the plan, but as for the actual disc - is there somewhere where it can be taken to have it polished or cleaned or something to give it a nice polished/chrome look, or something of the sorts. i dont want to have to get new discs all round.
Just wondering whether the option is out there or not, or any ideas/costings of what to do.

Jonesee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
You could go get them machined but really they will only end up where they are now.. Race Brakes Sydney often have good deals and I am sure a forum sponsor would be willing to hook you up! :)

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
they can machine the face of the disc, but it wont stay like that. the face of the rotors will start to rust within days of not using the car... not much you can do about how they look through the wheels mate.
only way to improve the look is to get bigger ones, or ones that have slots/drilled etc, but as you dont want to change, not much you can do really.

blcarter81

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE CALAIS
Ok no dramas. Thanks guys. I wouldn't mind getting new ones in the future, I was just wondering if there was a cheap option for now until I get the cash.