Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake caliper paint?

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
I tried that green and it was too kermit green for me - not lime enough IMO. Lime should almost be a Fluoro/pastel

Phantom VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 60th Aniversary
Yeah lime green is more like ve atomic green, but any way I'll try it :)

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I think the caliper paint is more solvent resistant than the rest, but if there's no brake fluid leaking, there no solvent.... Go the cheap stuff, vht caliper and $24 a can is just too expensive. Although I'll always choose them for engine enamel

SeattleG8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Have you considered caliper covers?

MGP Caliper Covers

I'm the first kid on the block with Holden covers (Pontiac G8) front and rear. I have no connection to this company what so ever beyond being a customer who had some made. I don't have any pics (yet) but plan to take them soon.

Here is the link to the Holden covers:

2008-2011 Holden Commodore (AU), VE Model - MGP Caliper Covers

You can get them in any color and with anything etched into them - including lime green. They look fantastic. Admittedly a far more expensive option to paint.

If I broke any rules recommending an outside vendor apologies to the site gods in advance.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry mate, I have to disagree about these things. I'm not one to usually hang **** on someone's mods but I think calliper covers are downright awful. The upside to the ones you have shown are that they are just that - a cover. But those other ones that look like big Brembos etc are just terrible.

And the thing that concerns me the most is the safety of them. What happens if they get hot and brittle and brake up and get caught all through your brakes.

Sorry to bag this one but I simply don't like them and it concerns me about what will happen to your car. Coloured calipers has come about from big Brembos, ap's etc. fair enough paint them, but don't make them look like something they are not. As I said, these ones aren't too bad because they are are sold as a cover that doesn't look like calipers....

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
With Poison Ivy, what color would you guys suggest for a caliper paint.

I think red may look a bit odd with the green.

Cheers.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lime green FTW!!! ...lol