Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake = dash lights comming on?

H.I.M666

Rockstar23987
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR Acclaim Version 2
hi guys i need some help. out lappin tonight and was driving round and i got home a friend called me and said that my blake lights were on the whole way around the track. so i got my car into the garage and turned the lights off. and when i push the the parker lights come on. and if the parkers are on the brake lights are on. anyone know how to fix or what the problem is?

SSbeast

Reaction score
Sounds like you may have some dodgy wireing, check for any short circuits, in the wireing using a multimeter. I don't belive the brake and parker lights are ECU controlled just a simple circuit.

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
You have an incorrect or an incorrectly installed bulb, possibly a double fillament stop/taillight bulb.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
As hkmonaro68 says, the wrong bulb in the wrong socket. A single filament into a double filament socket shorts the brake and park circuits so when either brake or park are on, they're both on.

H.I.M666

Rockstar23987
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR Acclaim Version 2
Thanx Fellas just got the net back, the problem was a faulty bulb it was a dual filament bulb (Brake-Taillight bulb) the filaments had some how crossed over some how on th each other. thanx for the help guys

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
never seen that before but i'm sure i'll need to remember that one day:thumbsup:

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Yes have had that problem before. You feel like a d**k driving down the highway and your brake lights are on. Or everytime you brake your lights come on. HAHA