Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake disks

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I would go witt good quality plain rotors and pads.
Maybe slotted if you go through mountains often while carrying that load.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
I just went with the standard rotors, no need for slotted

zoenryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 , VZ Wagon V6, VE Saloon V6 LPG, VX V6
Did you think about getting your rotors skimmed - a lot cheaper than new ones .

Kiwifolk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 5.7
Sorry to bump and old thread but figured it was better than starting a new one. and all other threads are super old and not quite what I am looking for.
Im due for new Rotors on the VZ LS1, do you guys think I am better to just upgrade the rotor to slotted and replace the brake lines to braided and run racing fluid. or spend 3x as much and also replace the callipers and upgrade the rotor size?

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
the more you spend the better they get i would try new rotors pads braided hoses first with brake upgrades there is a lot of brands to choose from and different rotor sizes

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I am better to just upgrade the rotor to slotted and replace the brake lines to braided and run racing fluid. or spend 3x as much and also replace the callipers and upgrade the rotor size?

What do you use the car for? Racing fluid won't make it brake better, it just increases the boiling point of the fluid to a temperature which you won't see on the road.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Dba t3 rotors are supposed to be a good upgrade over stock without blowing the budget right out some braided lines and good brake pads will make a nice upgrade over what u have now... u could go down the route of oversized rotors and 4/6 pot calipers etc but you’ll spend thousands in the process and if your just doing regular street day to day driving it’s an overkill really

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
330mm hsv upgrade is good value for money. Expect to pay $700-1000 for a decent used set. I wouldn’t spend lots on the stock setup personally.

Kiwifolk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 5.7
What do you use the car for? Racing fluid won't make it brake better, it just increases the boiling point of the fluid to a temperature which you won't see on the road.

Yeah ok, the car has been a bit of a daily but is now for weekends and track days. I also offical for Targa Rally here in NZ so it gets a few good runs.

Dba t3 rotors are supposed to be a good upgrade over stock without blowing the budget right out some braided lines and good brake pads will make a nice upgrade over what u have now... u could go down the route of oversized rotors and 4/6 pot calipers etc but you’ll spend thousands in the process and if your just doing regular street day to day driving it’s an overkill really

Thats what Im thinking, if the gain for going full upgrade at $$$$$ isn't massive over just slotted rotors and some good pads (already running Bendex)
then I can live with just a rotor upgrade. It just means you back off a little more to let it all cool. I think I have that self control haha. maybe.

330mm hsv upgrade is good value for money. Expect to pay $700-1000 for a decent used set. I wouldn’t spend lots on the stock setup personally.
Yeah ok that makes sense. I mean I get the larger the disc the more heat it can dispense.

Im thinking about doing a new front splitter so I can direct more air around to various parts brakes included.