Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake fluid from the factory

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Gravity bleeds are good as you say if you only have one person. But they take aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages longer to do than the job should.

Especially if you're doing a fluid flush.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I
Gravity bleeds are good as you say if you only have one person. But they take aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages longer to do than the job should.

In this case it was new mazda and fluid was only 2 yrs old. It was dripping quite fast as it was not too dirty and I guess the lines would be very clean too.

Just something I can do myself when the car is out of warranty.

He is the only mechanic in a small local workshop so that explains why he does it this way.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I

In this case it was new mazda and fluid was only 2 yrs old. It was dripping quite fast as it was not too dirty and I guess the lines would be very clean too.
Just something I can do myself when the car is out of warranty.
He is the only mechanic in a small local workshop so that explains why he does it this way.
It's $90 for an air bleeder that attaches to the bleed nipple and sucks through the fluid. You can even get reservoir toppers that feed down into the MC so you dont have to keep bringing the car up and down off the hoist. For a workshop it's a really inefficient way to do it but for home it's fine.

EDIT:

Or Ebay Special it for $20.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AIR-BRA...026908&hash=item46623e47ac:g:BzUAAOSw5UZZADSM

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
My question to the OP (that's you, Ron Burgundy!) is this: why do you need to top up your brake fluid? A slight drop in the level is normal as the brake pads wear, and the caliper pistons move outwards to take up the gap. If you keep topping up the level, you run the risk of fluid spilling out of the master cylinder when you eventually push the pistons back to fit the new, much thicker pads. Unless of course you have a leak, which is a different matter entirely.............

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
My question to the OP (that's you, Ron Burgundy!) is this: why do you need to top up your brake fluid? A slight drop in the level is normal as the brake pads wear, and the caliper pistons move outwards to take up the gap. If you keep topping up the level, you run the risk of fluid spilling out of the master cylinder when you eventually push the pistons back to fit the new, much thicker pads. Unless of course you have a leak, which is a different matter entirely.............

Because i am pathologically obsessive and the level must be at max mark. I wish i could live with things like this .... but i can't.

Easy to syringe some fluid out at brake pad ch ange ;)

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
you can also clamp the hose and undo the nipple and push the piston back in this will this will clean out all the old fluid in the caliper ,tighten the nipple , pump the pedal and top up the mc and you can do each wheel one at a time

i like to push all the pistons back in when i do a flush same reason as above, i did buy a hand held brake bleed vacum pump from ebay about 6 years ago for my bike and i use it on cars as well to save a bit of time pumping i will suck a bit out of the mc and fill with fresh fluid

Last edited: