Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Light Pedal Sensitivity (Or there lack of)

mataxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VN
Hi There

I own a 1990 Holden Commodore (Berlina) VN series. I am just having a small problem with the sensitivity of the brake lights when I put my foot on the brake. It does light up but needs to be pushed quite hard and most of the time I use light engine braking so it never really gets the pressure it needs for the brake lights to even light up. Im wondering if this can be fixed with a screwdriver/spanner etc or is a little bit more involved. If you could let me know that would be fantastic!

Regards
Matthew Lovemore

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
posted in the wrong section entirely!

best of luck with this one and next time please read the forum your posting in before just dumping it there and hoping for the best

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I believe you will find the brake light switch under the dash against the brake pedal.

Check if it is sticking and maybe spray it with WD40 or similar, or it may need adjusting/replacement.D

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
the pressure switch is threaded and screwed into bracket behind the pedal. it might have worn out and jumped a few threads (as its plastic) making you have to push harder to engage the switch. either readjust, or just replace it.... just stick you head under the steering column and have a look...