Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake lights on with parkers

igobrm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Wagon s2
guys guys guys, this car is starting to **** me, its one problem after another!

ok, my problem...
1. When my lights are on, my brake lights stay on.
2. When my lights are off, and i touch the brake, the parkers come on aswell as the dash lighting, which im sure are meant to come on with the parkers.
3. i replaced globes in the dash about 9months ago, and they have gone again (but isnt the biggest problem as i can just change them again *sigh*)

i love my car, its just these small ****ty problems that keep arising, guess it comes with age.. its a 96 acclaim wagon btw.

i really appreciate any help!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Either one of the brake/tail light globes has a broken filament which is shorting out on the other filament, or you are using a single filament globe. If this has happened after replacing a brake light globe then it may be the second option. In short, check the globes.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Also check the looms, it is becoming increasingly common for the looms to short out in the VR-VS now. A few people are having problems.

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
guys guys guys, this car is starting to **** me, its one problem after another!

ok, my problem...
1. When my lights are on, my brake lights stay on.
2. When my lights are off, and i touch the brake, the parkers come on aswell as the dash lighting, which im sure are meant to come on with the parkers.
3. i replaced globes in the dash about 9months ago, and they have gone again (but isnt the biggest problem as i can just change them again *sigh*)

i love my car, its just these small ****ty problems that keep arising, guess it comes with age.. its a 96 acclaim wagon btw.

i really appreciate any help!

like accentstencil said it'll probably be your tail lights. the same thing happend to my friends camry and i didn't know when she was braking at night and boy was it scary driving behind her lol. just change the globes and it should be fine

Hjtunr

Reaction score
Members Ride
hb tonner/be a pan commy
i had the same problem but in my kingswood, right up on top of brake pedal there should be a electronic button/circuit, there should be a bolt, jus losen that. how this works is when u push down on the break it closes the circuit which makes yur brake lights work and when the brake is released it opens the cuircut, sumtimes the bolt is screwd in to far/tight and it has the same effect as if you had yur foot on the brake, probly why yur lights stay on. jst my 2 cents

igobrm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Wagon s2
i had the same problem but in my kingswood, right up on top of brake pedal there should be a electronic button/circuit, there should be a bolt, jus losen that. how this works is when u push down on the break it closes the circuit which makes yur brake lights work and when the brake is released it opens the cuircut, sumtimes the bolt is screwd in to far/tight and it has the same effect as if you had yur foot on the brake, probly why yur lights stay on. jst my 2 cents

the brake lights only stay on when the parkers are on... vice versa, parkers come on when i touch the brake peddal.

thanks guys, il try work it out tmoro, but im not too familiar with auto wiring.

much appreciated

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I had a similar problem, all because i parker light was blown. Fixed that, and everything returned to normal.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
the brake lights only stay on when the parkers are on... vice versa, parkers come on when i touch the brake peddal.

thanks guys, il try work it out tmoro, but im not too familiar with auto wiring.

much appreciated
You don't need to be an expert. Just buy 1 brake/tailight globe, put it in either side, if that doesn't fix it put it in the other side, if that doesn't fix it then you've only spent a dollar and you have a spare globe.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
i had a similar prob when i bought my vs, one of the tail light bulbs had a blown filament which was shorting to the park light which cause the front parklight to come on everytime you braked