Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake pads

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Anyone here used American Hawk brakes pads on thir VF ? What are your thoughts.
Any other Brands I should look into ?

arthurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VFII / SSV Motorsport KOM0993
Anything you don't like from the OEM pads? Both on track and street they perform nicely.

A mate has gone through 5 different sets from different manufacturers and has come back to the OEM as the best all rounder.

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
QFM HPX definately worth trying for general use.very low dust, no squeal,good bite and reasonable price at around $80 a set front or back. used them on all my cars for years.
cheers
warrick

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Anything you don't like from the OEM pads? Both on track and street they perform nicely.

A mate has gone through 5 different sets from different manufacturers and has come back to the OEM as the best all rounder.

I find stock ones quite dirty. Ton of brake dust only after a few days

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
I find stock ones quite dirty. Ton of brake dust only after a few days

The OE pads are quiet and tend to be low dust.
If you are getting a lot of dust with OE pads after a few days check that the pads are not dragging on the rotors. The caliper slide pins might need cleaning up and re-lubing.

Remsa make a very good pad to fit commodores but they tend to produce a bit more dust than the OE product does. You can get these from Brakes Direct if you want to try them. https://www.brakesdirect.com.au/

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
QFM HPX definately worth trying for general use.very low dust, no squeal,good bite and reasonable price at around $80 a set front or back. used them on all my cars for years.
cheers
warrick

My rears squeak a fair bit

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
did you put some grease on the back of them? i found a slight chamfer usually helps also.
cheers

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
If you are getting a lot of dust with OE pads after a few days check that the pads are not dragging on the rotors. The caliper slide pins might need cleaning up and re-lubing.

Remsa make a very good pad to fit commodores but they tend to produce a bit more dust than the OE product does. You can get these from Brakes Direct if you want to try them. https://www.brakesdirect.com.au/
My factory pads are ferodo hp1000/1
Same as redline brakes...
Lots of dust

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

I had remsa before and although good I found them quite filthy too