Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake pads

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
QFM HPX or I like their A1R1. Their ceramic is meant to be good as well. Remember some pads will be harder on the rotors than others across all brands.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Lots of good pad brands are really dusty but the dust is easily washed off. A soft brush and a hose, a drop of car wash if your keen.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Maybe check the Chevy ss forums for opinions on hawk pads as they aren't common here.

The Ferodo hp1000 are definitely better than both the QFM hpx and AR1M from my experience.

You will struggle to find pads that pull the car up good and also low dust like econoboxes. My suggestion is just clean them more often.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The add itself indicates these calipers will bolt right up as upgrade to 2014+ Chevy SS.

Since the Chevy SS was based on our commodores, i’d expect there should be no mechanical issues bolting them up.

IIRC, it’s been mentioned in various brake threads that ssv & ssvr (and police brake single piston fronts) versions have a bigger brake boosted than standard commodore. However, I have no idea what impact there would be using 4 piston Bremen’s with the smaller booster if upgrading a standard commodore. IIRC, your vehicle has the police brake package so that shouldn’t be an issue.

I have no idea what disc would be compatible with these calipers.

All up, the price seems rather good :)