Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake Pedal Problem VR

vs hay hauler

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
I've just finished replacing the intake manifold on my vr v8, i now have a brake pedal that feels slightly harder and travels a bit more.After crawling all over the motor again, I could barley make out that the spring clip that needs to be squeezed together that goes over the booster to manifold hose is not on. even thou the hose felt like a tight fit do you think this would be the problem???

yoshi87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
ther could be one of 2 options, one test bleed the brakes and see wat happens after, and secondly, put that clip on as their maybe a small amount of air sneaking out, it may appear to be a close fit but its the same with a radiator hose, it is a tight fit but u still need that clamp on, try that and see how things go from there

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You can check if the booster is working properly and getting vacuum by firstly, with the engine off,pumping the brake pedal several times to deplete any stored vacuum in the booster.Then whilst holding in the brake pedal,start the engine,the brake pedal should sink in a bit more as the engine starts..
Also with the engine off,the booster should hold a small reserve of vacuum,if you pump the brake pedal with the engine off,you should get 2 -3 pumps before the vacuum is depleted and the pedal gets harder to push in..