Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake problem. confused!

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
:beer chug:qld mate do you deliver hahahaha

stuartjudd89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Lol mate if I could get this car going I probably would drive 12 hours to deliver haha. Im on the back end of a manual conversion, and im such a sloppy worker. I even put the heat shield for the starter motor on in between the bellhousing and motor. If ur familiar with how its SUPPOSED to go you realise that while I get the job done I butcher my car in the process...

kais3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Yeah Qld too, Np with the help,

I might also suggest seeing if that rod has been pushed in too far or it's out too far and has just been displaced in a way that it can't build vacuum inside the booster, so it may be ok, and just needs to be adjusted so the internal valve closes again to build vacuum.

This could maybe happen during removal or if the pedal was pressed too hard with or without vacuum in the system, I'm not sure but it's worth a try playing with it to see if it's just out of normal range.
Could help without vacuum or with vacuum, just have to try what gets it moving and test for that leak In between or while vacuum is applied, the leak may end up going away, if you plan on replacing the booster, there's no harm in trying and if it doesn't work them maybe the booster diaphragm is busted or something else at the back side.

stuartjudd89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Yeah I had a crack at that man it seemed like normal range but I cant get it going... I bought a used one off ebay so hopefully it comes this week