Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake problem on my vb

Budz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
hey iv got a problem with my brakes on my vb commodore when i put my foot on the brake pedal it goes straight to floor n onli just stops the car im gonna bleed the brakes n replace brake pads in the next week just wondering if it could b the brake booster? or not.

help will b grately appreciated

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The brake booster will cause a really hard pedal, not a soft one if it was stuffed. It could be either air, or the master cylinder is buggered, or even the rear wheel cylinders.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
While you bleed them check for leaks at the wheel cylinders and calliper pistons , but i reckon its the master cylinder.
Its possible to rebuild the Master with a seal kit but its probably rusted and a new one is much better and easier

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Agreed^^. I would not be thinking booster from what you describe. More likely a bypassing master cylinder or rear brake cylinders. Take each wheel off and look for any leaks, by the sounds of it, it should be fairly obvious.
Just on the odd chance its the obvious, how much brake fluid is in your resovoir.

Budz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
thanx guys will b sure to check all of those havnt had time to fix brakes yet as ive been workin alot.

and brake fluid resovoir is full