Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake problem

sprayzz

sprayzz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hey guys my mum has a vp commodore and i was wondering on something. i was towing the other day i drove about 20km with empty trailer then picked up a table and chairs and drove back home , but as i cam into town i had to slow for a round about and when i hit the brakes it went straight to the floor , dead gone!!! just enuff to slow down slowely and pull over but you could hear it grinding, i pulled over shut the car off , started it up pumped the brakes and then it has been fine ever since, but im still very qurious why it would do that, it was a very hot day also if that would even play apart. any idea;s anyone?

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Most likely boiled your brake fluid... Replace your fluid and check the pads front and back.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Please tell me you are going to get it checked by an experienced brake person and you have told your Mum not to drive it until you have done so.

sprayzz

sprayzz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Please tell me you are going to get it checked by an experienced brake person and you have told your Mum not to drive it until you have done so.
unfortunitly i have told her not to, but my mum does her own thing lol i can only say so much lol but luckly it hasen't done it again, and brakes are fine, but she is going to get the checked, before even towing, or going anywhere far away.

sprayzz

sprayzz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
yeah i heard the same , and because it boiled it created air in the lines.?? not sure if that was the case, but it does so plausable

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Or the master cylinder is rooted and that was a warning shot......
What colour is the fluid in the master cyl?