Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake problem

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
If you don't understand what I said you should stop playing around with your brake system.
I put it back together, bled it the best i could and will have a brake guy look at it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Remove the rubber hose from the caliper and see if you can blow air through it freely...If you can't, it's partially blocked.

Remove the hardline from the junction block to the rubber hose at the caliper and try the same process...This will determine whether either of these 2 are causing the problem or whether there is a caliper problem

Last edited:

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Remove the rubber hose from the caliper and see if you can blow air through it freely...If you can't, it's partially blocked.

Remove the hardline from the junction block to the rubber hose at the caliper and try the same process...This will determine whether either of these 2 are causing the problem or whether there is a caliper problem
Thanks again for your reply. I think it's the hard line.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon

I undid the hard line where it joins the rubber hose that goes to the caliper on the disk shield. Even there we had to start the car to allow the pedal to be pushed to the floor. Thanks again.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
no need to start the car tell the wife push the pedal and hold and when you crack the bleed nipple the pedal should go strait to the floor

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
no need to start the car tell the wife push the pedal and hold and when you crack the bleed nipple the pedal should go strait to the floor
Thanks for that idea. It never occured to me

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Thanks for that idea. It never occured to me
i suck out as most of the old fluid as possible from the m/c and fill with new fluid it makes the process a bit quicker hopefully it a different colour and keep topping it up, left rear takes the most fluid and make the other 3 easy