Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Question

Torniquet

Reaction score
how much would it cost to do the vt conversion?..parts wise

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750

iRiot

Merc with a Mouth
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Holden VR Caprice V8 HSV Enhanced
just get some slotted dont waste $800 on that **** when slotted cost fcuk all and work better

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
just get some slotted dont waste $800 on that **** when slotted cost fcuk all and work better

how can you justify that just slotted rotors work better? all slotted rotors do is provide better heat dispersion/reduce brake fade. The VT brake upgrade gives larger diameter rotors (296mm) but more importantly twin piston calipers. With potential for more improvement with a 1" master cylinder...

compared to stock vn v6 (271mm) v8/fe2 (289mm) single piston caliper jobs, theres no way just slotted rotors are going to match up to that.

its not a waste at all, the vt upgrade kits are the best and cheapest way to get gooood brakes, crappy single piston calipers are useless on such a large car.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
how can you justify that just slotted rotors work better? all slotted rotors do is provide better heat dispersion/reduce brake fade. The VT brake upgrade gives larger diameter rotors (296mm) but more importantly twin piston calipers. With potential for more improvement with a 1" master cylinder...

compared to stock vn v6 (271mm) v8/fe2 (289mm) single piston caliper jobs, theres no way just slotted rotors are going to match up to that.

its not a waste at all, the vt upgrade kits are the best and cheapest way to get gooood brakes, crappy single piston calipers are useless on such a large car.

well said, anything got to be better then the standard VN/VP brakes.

now VT upgrade with slotted rotors...... now were talking

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
well said, anything got to be better then the standard VN/VP brakes.

now VT upgrade with slotted rotors...... now were talking

Which is exactly what I have in my SS. My Vp Exec has standard brakes, and after driving the SS, it feels like im not going to stop.

I put slotted rotors initially on my SS, as the standard rotors had more lip then a smartarse 13 year old. It made no difference. Within 2 weeks I put the Vt upgrade on, and It is one of the best things Ive done to the car