Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brakes or suspension? Surging with slow braking/pulling up

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
Gday guys

seems to be a common issue with VY and VZ wagons for some reason. The car/s feel like you're pulling up with a huge flat spot on tyre. slow braking the car grabs then release grabs then release - it feeling like warped rotors on another level. predominately left side. Both a VZ and VY wagons I have at the moment do it, both have new front rotors. I cant see any obviously issues with front end, though I haven't dropped strut to check the top mounts.

Given ive experienced this to varying degrees on every VY VZ wagon ive ever owned - hopefully someone has the solution !

thanks

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
don't all rush in! lols

I did one strut top mount today and the bearing race was toast! Also changed calipers because they were old and flogged and randomly seizing.

Upset to report - the problem is still there although it feels slightly improved so ill do other strut top bush tomorrow then move onto rear rotors and then maybe front struts. I'm thinking possibly a stuffed shock or a weak spring??

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
problem solved - rear rotors

great learning experience as everything was telling me it was the front end