Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brakes shuddering

tezzaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
for a roadworthy my vp needed new rotors & disks.Done that the brakes still shudder has anyone got any ideas:whistling

guss

Reaction score
Website
users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
VN Calais
Disc and Rotors = Same thing, otherwise i would make sure the caliper bolts are tight, but if you had a wheel alignment done, they should have picked up anything that they thought was out of place.

tezzaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
sorry i meant rotors & pads will go over the bolts on the weekend thanx

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Wheel bearings?

And yes if the caliper bolts go missing at highway speed - wheel can lock and a trip into the bush. (brother had this happen). Not a funny thing to happen....

peter65

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp exec
re caliper bolts. bit of trivia: they are the same size as wheel nuts, so if you lose one and the other is loose and you dont have tools with you - use the std holden wheel brace.

A tip: when replacing the brake pads and doing up the caliper bolts, The Book says to use new bolts. Why? Neweys have locking compond on them so they dont come loose. So use something (Loctite maybe?) to lock em on. i didnt do that - i am too smart you see - and learnt all of the above, the relatively (ie not the bush, thankfully), hard way. cheers!

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
i dont think it will be the caliper bolts.
in my opion id say to go in to the local brake place and get an on car disc machine on all the discs, this will stop the shudder