Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brakes Squeke

MUNTED6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina
Hi just changed my brake pads recently becos the peddle was right down to the ground and had no braking wants i changed them there still squeeking was just wondering wat else cuold it be my first guess would be the rotors r thinning out. can som1 give me som answers. thanx in advance

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Err is that english? Just a bit hard to read mate.

From what your saying i take it you didnt machine the rotors when you changed the pads? Theres your problem. The pads will squeak for a while as they will take longer to bed into a non-flat rotor.

MUNTED6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina
yh its english mate sorry i didnt gotto skool to learn full stops n ****. yh i heard bout that but its been like that for more than a month anyways thanx for that

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
Hi just changed my brake pads recently becos the peddle was right down to the ground and had no braking wants i changed them there still squeeking was just wondering wat else cuold it be my first guess would be the rotors r thinning out. can som1 give me som answers. thanx in advance

have you ever bought new rotors for your car?......90% of the time,thats the case with commodores,they only have a wear limit of 19 mm.also did you put disc brake anti squeal goo on the back of your pads? if theres enough meat left on your rotors(more than 19mm,have them machined,as they might be glazed or have small/large ridges on surface)then put anti squeal on back of pads,this should fix your problem.

MUNTED6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina
yh i think my rotors are almost gone. mite go wreckers n buy some front rotors. another thing since where on this subject my rears are getting alot of brake dust. i learnt it in tafe but cant seem to remember why it happens (got real bad memories) would appriciatte it if u can tell me that also. CHEERZ!

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
its not a wheel bearing they squeek when they are buggered too.mine are squeeking bad sounds a bit like the brakes squeeking.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Bed the brakes in properly and they won't squeak. Go to a nice long straight road with no traffic, get up to 60kmh, brake HARD but don't lock the brakes up, slow down to about 10kmh, don't come to a complete stop. Do this about 5 or 6 times until you can really smell the brakes. Then drive around for about 10 minutes, avoiding braking if you can, after that all should be good.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They weren't Silverline pads were they?