Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Braking turning on hazards

D

Dogmeat

I was driving along today and as a turn came up i needed to take i flipped on my indicators and started to brake and as i did i noticed the indicators turned off and the hazards came on! to which i replied wtf mate! its only done this a few times before but it turned off after a few minutes but this time it stayed on my whole trip of about 20 mins im just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or could know where to look to see why this might occur?

Cheers

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Bad earth on your taillight harness very common on early commodores.

Easy fix is to find the earth on your taillight harness and ground it out to the body of the car.

Also what may also solve a few problems is to run 2 really good earths from the engine block one to the chassis rail and one to the battery negative.

cheers
Scott

D

Dogmeat

cheers for that one last question......wheres the taillight harness?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
In the boot :) Its the wiring harness that your lightglobes are connected to for your rear lights.
It will run through the rear panel when your tail lamps fit into to the drivers side rear gaurd. There is a plug located at the top of the rear guard above the wheel arch.

cheers
Scott

D

Dogmeat

sweet ill have a look at it tomorrow when i have some time. cheers for your help