Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Braking.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They are new rotors though.

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
Ive said it 18 times people do not pay ####ing attention today!!!!!!@!@ going to fix my wheel bearings, rod ends and ball joints and rear rotors if the #### still does it ill be getten physical with some mechanics who no nothing on cars and always handball it back to me, I WILL UNDO THE ####EN BOLTS RE TORQE 60 FIRST THEN 110 WHAT ELSE???? MICROWAVE THE BRAKE PADS???????????????, CHEEERS FOR DAAAA HELP!!

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
Run out in your rotors usually suggests other front end issues like castor bushes, control arms and ball joints having too much play. Fresh pads can exacerbate this.

^This guy knows whats up.

If it was doing it before the brake work (but less severe) then there's your primary clue. New brakes have amplified an existing issue in the front end, that was there prior to the brake work. This is where you should be looking.

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
Okay well the caster bushes look good no leaks or spilts and the control arms are fitted with new nolathane bushes.. I have just ordered a set of ball joints for 27 bucks! As davo said it can be rear rotors but it definitely feels from the front its a pretty hard shake.. then once warm its smooth and does not do it.. also all other bushes are ok.. but will do tire rod ends as they can add to shake to if stuffed.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What is the service life/warranty period on those ball joints? 10km or 10minutes?

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
its the hub bearings that's all it can be with new rotors pads

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Best to have a professional look at it, brakes and steering you don't play around with.

Obviously didn't read the bit where the op mentioned who did the pad and rotor replacement

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
Ive said it 18 times people do not pay ####ing attention today!!!!!!@!@ going to fix my wheel bearings, rod ends and ball joints and rear rotors if the #### still does it ill be getten physical with some mechanics who no nothing on cars and always handball it back to me, I WILL UNDO THE ####EN BOLTS RE TORQE 60 FIRST THEN 110 WHAT ELSE???? MICROWAVE THE BRAKE PADS???????????????, CHEEERS FOR DAAAA HELP!!

lol bro calm down we are here to help how many ks on the car I recon jack the car up and spin the wheel if it sounds chunky move it side to side eny movement ore noise its stuffed about 150 -200 a side

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
check hub run out first then clean hub faces before fitting disc to remove any high spots ,
correct disc fitment is important and therefore using a dial indicator to get the lowest run out reading is required this can be harder on slot rotors .
or have the rotors on car machined to achieve zero run out .

This I reckon is the answer.....The most common problem that occurs when rotors are replaced is the rotor mounting face isn't cleaned, so it is flat....So when the rotor is put on, it isn't sitting flat, therefore causing a wobble under braking in the front.

You can replace the whole front end and torque wheel nuts up in 60 different stages, throw 60 different pads and rotors at it, but if mounting faces aren't flush, the wobble will continue...So before you go throwing thousands of dollars at it, do simple checks first, as they are the ones that are the easiest to do and often the ones over looked