Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Braking.

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
I got 2 wheel bearings new ready to go just need cash to install cause im not gonna do them myself.... the confusing bit here is it (only does it first 5 mins then dissapear so im sure the rotors are flat on the hub? All I can tell yous is it was doing it before I replaced the pads and rotors so it must be something else? It should be the rotors but it isnt.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Had it been parked up for an extended period before you noticed the vibration?

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
Yes a good 3-4 days!!!! Just went for a drive the right side rattles bad its not link pins thats why im doing wheel bearings.. and it dosent do it at low speeds i need to get like 80 km then brake and it happens the vt brakes r shocking when going over a little bump why braking they crunch and feels **** ..... just gonna replace whats left ive done everything else if it still does it ill hit bob jane and let them fit a set of rotors dont give a f bout cash just need it done properly.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Bob Jane and done properly :lmao:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Id say first check the tyres air pressure and anything abnormal wear then the alignment/tie rods ...swap front tyres for back and see if anything changes

D

devilly

just and idea,if all else fails,check front uni joints and give a Chinese burn to test center bearing on the tail-shaft. do you pump the brake pedal before starting the car ? and then hold foot on pedal while starting it to test the brake booster.pedal should drop down if it's all good.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Every time you describe what's happening, it points to something different lol.

I would check the rack ends and tie rod ends as well.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yes a good 3-4 days!!!! Just went for a drive the right side rattles bad its not link pins thats why im doing wheel bearings.. and it dosent do it at low speeds i need to get like 80 km then brake and it happens the vt brakes r shocking when going over a little bump why braking they crunch and feels **** ..... just gonna replace whats left ive done everything else if it still does it ill hit bob jane and let them fit a set of rotors dont give a f bout cash just need it done properly.

The only sensible thing about this comment, is hitting Bob Jane......But doing that might land you in hot water with the locals.

BTW Bob Jane can't do this sort of work....Against their agreement with Bob Jane.....err Rodney Jane now

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Wheel bearings don't rattle so much, more of a grinding sound.

You say the caster bushes "look" ok, however have you done the simple brake test to ensure they are actually ok?

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
thr brake booster is fine, ive done the test, low speeds no shake hard braking is good, brake down from 80 when cold and car shakes hard then fine warm.... all parts look ok, ok so its a, grinding noise im hearing then!!!!! IVE already been on the phone to mechanic and getten wheel bearings, tire rods, ball joints replaced, anything else that could be causing noise???? If the problem still persists ill take it to holdens and have my front end looked at I am trying to fix my car I dont wanna hear jokes about places that u do not work at and sound like u have had problems before, we have all been there and the best thing is fixing things ya self, I posted this cause there are alot of vt owners who go through or eventually the same problems.