Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brands of Headers (extractors)

GROWLZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV Clubsport
Yea the guy where i'm gettin my zaust done saids the same thing that advance kicks pacemakers ass, he had the dyno chart n everything, i think i got a copy somewhere.. but ive havent heard much about that brand so i might stick with what i know..

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
http://forum.street commoodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=8460011 (without tha space)
i wouldnt mind usin sum different extractors. i dunno why paceys dont use stainless. exhaust fumes cause mild steeel to rust on the inside out over a period of time

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Well all i can say is i have a vxs pac red hot manual. and i have pacemakers with lukey 2 and a half inch exhaust and i have found it to be fantastic noticeable improvement across the whole rev range, but especially down low. i can be much more gentle on the throttle off the line and get exactly what im looking for. Just my 2c given i have the same model as yours (1year newer)

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
ended up getting the Advance headers - cheaper than the Pacemakers :)

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I can personally recommend hm headers :)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
That thread on SC is not the be all and end all.

Go find an exhaust place that has dyno sheets for all different headers fitted to the same car. HM are not what they are cracked up to be.

Pacemaker and Advance are much of a muchness but Advance are behind in the build quality.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
Performance - Pacemaker or Advanced, if your going for sound it will vary, lukey have some sound clips on their website which are pretty cool.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
I choose Advance - support the local adelaide business - I looked at Pacemakers and advance headers in person - they looked the same in build and design

Loopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
go the pacemaker better welding and thicker steel, less tinne sound under the bonnet

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I choose Advance - support the local adelaide business - I looked at Pacemakers and advance headers in person - they looked the same in build and design

You could not have looked very closely... And if you did, I suggest you take a second look.

Pacemaker are also an Adelaide business.